Tuition: Monthly fee
30 minute Lessons - $112 monthly
60 minute Lessons - $224 monthly
(Schedule your first lesson free on our scheduling page)
Please Note: Christy is now offering private online instruction if needing!
Lesson balances are to be paid on the first lesson of each month. Payments can be made through cash, check (please make payable to Christy's Music Studio), Venmo(@Christy-Porter-7) or Zelle (480-3654). This amount does not change if you need to miss a lesson.
I am pleased to be able to offer make-up lessons if you need to cancel a lesson. Please keep in mind that make-ups are only offered during my scheduled teaching hours, and only if I have received a minimum of one hour's notice of lesson cancellation. If a make-up is approved, it is your responsibility to check my website calendar and schedule a make-up lesson.
Please note: If I do not receive a minimum 1 hour notice of lesson cancellation, the lesson will be forfeit with no make-up offered. (This protects my time and yours)
Instructions for accessing my website calendar for make-up lessons:
1. Go to christysmusicstudio.com
2. Under the Lesson/Schedule tab, select the appropriate make-up lesson option
3. The calendar will show available times for make-ups. (Please be advised that I maintain a full calendar of approximately 50 students and you may need to check back often to find a time that will work for you.)
4. Once scheduled, make-up lessons are forfeit if missed for ANY reason.
5. There are times when I will need to miss a lesson. In this case, students have their choice of a make-up lesson or a credit for the following month.
There are no refunds for unscheduled/missed lessons.
Please arrive on time and with all materials needed for your lesson. No need to knock-please come on in. Most of the time I will be finishing up with another student. Come in quietly and get ready for your lesson
Parents and Family:
Parents and family members are more than welcome to attend a student's lesson. All attendee's must remain quiet and not disturb the lesson.
I am currently teaching Beginning through intermediate levels.
What can I expect to learn?:
A variety of technique, repertoire and method books will be used to teach note reading, proper playing technique, ear training and theory. If there is a particular style or type of music you or your student enjoys, please let me know and I will do my best to accommodate your requests!
There will be at least two recitals a year for students to perform in!